3.8
Layout of Store

I have purchased a Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless in .45 just on what I thought was their great reputation.It is websites like this that scare me.

I have not had any issues with my Kimber but if I ever do the customer service aspect is now a concern. I have about 500 rounds thru it now and not one issue. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that it continues to run fine. I also own two Kimber Micro 9's that have given me zero issues.

The way I look at it, ( being in the manufacturing business myself) when you build thousands of product some are just not going to function correctly. That is why there is customer service. And customer service should back the product 100 %. I've returned several handguns back to manufacturers and been amazed at the quality service.

One manufacturer even replaced a handgun with a new one after the second time back.

That was Ruger by the way.I hope Kimber improves their customer service by the time I need to use them.....

Reason of review: Good quality.

I didn't like: Thier reputation as having very poor customer service.

Comments

I BOUGHT A KIMBER ULTRA TLE STAINLESS 4 YEARS AGO THAT IS MY CONCEALED CARRY GUN.I HAVE FIRED AT LEAST 2000 RDS THRU IT AND NOT A JAM.

ON THE PERFORMANCE OF TLE ULTRA.

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A MASTER CARRY PRO ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES.IN LOOKING AT SEVERAL REVIEWS YOUR KIMPRO ON SLIDES IS AND I HATE TO SAY IT "TERRIBLE" TO PUT IT MILDLY,

HAS THAT PROBLEM BEEN CORRECTED AND IF IT WEARS TOO UGLY TO CARRY ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT?

h.kitchener

Kimber makes some good firearms---reliable and well-made.I haven't had any problems with them necessitating repair, so your concern is interesting.

However, take online reviews with "a grain of salt" as they say. Everyone has differing opinions on how they were treated by manufacturers of just about everything.

You mentioned Ruger.A fantastic, reliable and honest company in my experience.